Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween

Brooklyn was a great waffle, even when she was called a potato chip, a pancake, & a few other un-waffle like things. Finally someone yelled out "Hey! Leggo my eggo". That made her night.

This was the first year the kiddos went off in different directions for Halloween. Blake went with a friend, Brooklyn and I met up with some of her friends and their moms. Jeff manned the door at home (thanks Jeff). My favorite part of the evening is when I saw from a distance some kids that were way too big to be to be trick-or-treating, on top of that they were riding scooters. I thought to myself that's pretty tricky, not only are they big and fast, but they cover more houses on scooters! That's when I realized one of those scooter riding trick-or-treaters was my kid!

Its official, he's been "called" (sorry couldn't help myself) to man the door at home with Jeff next year!

Check out his scripture tote, he used it as his candy bucket.

*note Blake's attention to detail, if you look at the first picture you can see that he has a rubber band on his chain ridn' leg, a pen, and extra pen incase that one runs out of ink & a highlighter in his pocket. Oh the best part, he wore shoes that were too big because he said that's what they always do.


10 comments:

shauna said...

Karen's friend Shauna here. Cool and clever costumes. I would have totally thought of a waffle. And I don't think you'll need to do any missionary shopping for your son, he is already ready!

Cute template.

Stephanie said...

So stinkin cute Heather, those turned out great!

Ami Bethea said...

How funny!! Your kids are the best. How in the world did Brookie come up with being a waffle?? She is so original. Oh and Blake, what a great missionary he will be someday. He already knows all the tricks! You have such good kids, I just LOVE hearing all about them.

Jen said...

So cute! I love the waffle! I also love the detail he put into the missionary thing! I thought about that for seth this year but he went w/ obi wan instead. I love halloween it is so fun! and man scooters! what a great idea!! way to go blake!

An Errand of Angels said...

You always have the cutest posts, Heather! You should write a book. You outdid yourself this year with the waffle costume. Brook wins the "Miss Originality" contest this year! Blake is an awesome missionary now and I know he will be in the future. He's already got all the "stuff" down!! I really missed being with the kids this Halloween...

AZ Karen said...

Genius! Brooke's costume is so awesome! You need to somehow be involved in a roadshow. And of-course, Blake made a great missionary!

I thought of you the other day, when I was folding laundry in my room and there were dust bunnies flying off of my ceiling fan...eewww!

Cookie Mama said...

Karen, you crack me up! Glad the dust bunnies made you think of me.

Oh and uh, bite your tongue! Roadshow, please I am neatly tucked into the Nursery with fishy crackers and bubbles, right where I belong. :0

Ami, it was Brooklyns idea to be a waffle, she read a book titled Everything on a Waffle. Cute book, Blake and I kept sneaking it out of her room after she fell asleep so we could read it.

Shannon said...

Heather I love your blog! Oh my gosh the dust bunnies...hilarious. What smart, original, fun, costumes your kids came up with, I love the waffle idea. Cody was also a missionary and wore his bike helmet as well...too funny. Oh btw this is Shannon from the ward. Sorry about the blog stalking, I saw your name on Ann's list and I had to check it out and it made me giggle so I might have to stalk some more =D

Jen said...

okay what happened to your funny sunday story?

Cookie Mama said...

Oh Jen, I couldn't stand having my WWF Nursery moment on the world wide web anymore. :P