Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Family Pictures, Primary Program, & Pumpkins


It was time for our annual Halloween FHE spider meatloaf & pumpkin carving night. Seems that it has turned from a cute family tradition to some sort of opportunity for the kids to start expressing themselves by throwing hunks of flying pumpkin goop at us. Some of the flinging pumpkin pulp was captured on video (had to protect the camera & myself, so the best parts aren't taped) I'll have to edit out a few things that were said before I can post it. Ah, family bonding.
I don't think we'll be carving pumpkins inside the house ever, again. I have attempted to clean-up the pumpkin aftermath, but after four (yes four) floor scrubbings, the tile still has a pumpkin-y film on it. I have found seeds by the oven, on the counter, pulp on the curtains, under the couch, & more seeds in the shoe basket. It's everywhere! What happened to the good old days of the kids planning their trick-or-treating route, singing silly songs, and happily carving their pumpkins?

Don't let her sweet smile fool you; she's got an arm and great aim
when she has a fist full of pumpkin innards within reach!



These are fake smiles, the kids were DONE with pictures about an hour before I took this one.
( argh, I forgot to have Brock remove the nail polish from her toes)
I can't wait to see how the picture with all the cousins turned out.

The Primary Program went really well this year. For prime pew seating you have to get to our ward early. Blake sets up chairs each Sunday 30 minutes before church, so we went with him to stake out a good row. When the program started I realized as tall as Brookie is, I could only see her left eye, maybe next year.

10 comments:

Ami Bethea said...

Super cute Heather! I love the meatloaf spider, you'll have to share the recipe, my boys would totally get a kick out of that. I'd be the coolest mom ever! I need some points about now with my horrible clinical schedule. Sounds like you guys had a good time, I would love to see the pumpkin fight video!! You guys are too cute.

Ami Bethea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Ah! It's the Cook family! (jen from fairfield!) I can't believe how big your kids are!! It is insanity! That sounds like you guys had a fun FHE. We are boring still w/ all my little people. we didn't even do pumpkins this year and last year we handed them a sharpie. And I have to say you are one brave mom to carve in the house!!

Jen said...

Ah! It's the Cook family! (jen from fairfield!) I can't believe how big your kids are!! It is insanity! That sounds like you guys had a fun FHE. We are boring still w/ all my little people. we didn't even do pumpkins this year and last year we handed them a sharpie. And I have to say you are one brave mom to carve in the house!!

Cookie Mama said...

Jen, great to hear from you, love your blog! I can't believe how grown up Seth is. Brooklyn still talks about you guys, in her eyes Seth will always be the perfect baby!

AZ Karen said...

We enjoyed our Halloween spider meatloaf a la Cooks tonight...my kids are ever impressed at that fun idea.

AZ Karen said...

I can't believe you let your kids not only carve in the house, but have a pumpkin-innards fight to top it all off! Wow...very impressive.

An Errand of Angels said...

I think Halloween would be so fun at your house!! What great ideas! Now that Blake and Brooklyn are getting so big, you will have to find a different place for carving pumpkins - it will only get "more interesting" as the years progress. Somewhere - like where you can use a hose... Fun story!!

Cook family said...

How fun. Heather I second Ami about the meatloaf can I have the recipe that is so adorable.

Stephanie said...

So fun Heather, I would love the recipe too! You are a fun mom, and the pictures turned out great!