Most people that know The Mayor think he's a serious kind of person. If you ask him about education, church, basketball, or home improvements he's all business. But what keeps our family smiling is that this guy is pretty funny. He likes to make us laugh.
Yesterday he went to a little out patient center to have some pictures taken of his insides. Gross. I doubt I'll be scrapbooking them. The Mayor told me it was no big deal; the doctor just likes to have a picture day so he can show us the pretty snap shots of his esophagus.
They gave him some type of medication that made him forget the photo shoot. The doctor told me the Mayor would keep repeating himself until the medication totally wore off.
No problem.
No problem for the first five minutes, then it was a problem.
He kept telling me the doctor said he could have a smoothie.
He told me that about five or six times.
Okay so he wanted a smoothie.
Then he told me something that had happened as he went into surgery that he THOUGHT was funny.
Then he told me again,
and again,
and again,
and again.
It wasn't that funny to begin with. He was medicated so I'll forgive him for not being as witty as he usually is. So the first time he told me I laughed a little, I knew he thought it was funny and I thought it would be nice to let him think he was funny. But seriously I laughed harder every time he told me the story. It just wasn’t funny, but he really thought it was. He didn't appreciate me mocking him. The last time he tried to tell me was in the car on the way home. I was laughing so hard I was tearing. It hurt his drug induced feelings, which made me laugh even harder. Poor Mayor. I was hoping the medication was still working and would help him forget the whole thing. He remembers the ride home.
I think he forgave me after I bought him a smoothie.
Same guy same awesome hospital gown.
3 comments:
Now THAT was funny!
I guess since we can't get drunk and be funny, anesthesia is the next best thing.
Buy him another smoothie. He'll forget all the mocking.
That is SO funny! Lafe did the same thing, only I didn't get jokes, he just kept asking me what the doctor said. Then, he slept ALL day - NO FAIR!!! I was not too happy when I finally woke him up even though I knew it wasn't his fault. So, what can I blame it on when my kids tell me something over, and over, and over..... I guess I just really happy they're talking to me. But, Talin's MAMA yelling in the car is going to make me INSANE!!!
lol I was cracking up! You are so funny Heather. What did they give him? I could use some to forget the trauma from this semester. Maybe it doesn't work on months of misery...darn it. That was a great story!!
Post a Comment