Friday, September 19, 2008

Tattle Tale

I thought we were friends.

I fill the barrel, he empties it.

We were a great team the trash man and I.

Until today . . .

I think he's out to get me

He sent his friend with the fancy city truck to talk to me.

The guy with the fancy truck told me the trash man is complaining.

He's complaining about my sweet recycling skills.

Did I put something I shouldn't in the blue barrel?

No.

I am recycling too much.

Really?

It all fit in the barrel, sort of.

How much can a bunch of empty milk jugs and cardboard boxes weigh?

The city guy was laughing; maybe he thinks the trash man is after me too.

6 comments:

Carroll Family said...

That's just weird!!! We have TWO and sometimes they are overflowing!!! Watch out, Heather!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

What an meanie. Our garbage man filed complaints against us. are you kidding? take out my garbage and shut your mouth.

Ami Bethea said...

What the heck?! How can they complain about you recycling TOO MUCH? That's ridiculous. Just tell them your sister doesn't recycle at all out here in Queen Creek so you are doing enough for both of us. We don't have recycle bins out here and I'm too lazy to take my trash anywhere!

Jen said...

I agree, that is ridiculous!! and a little bit funny!

Shannon said...

Oh hilariousness! Love it!

shauna said...

I think you should bake him some cookies (since you are the cookie momma)and place it on top of the blue barrel. When he gets out to retrieve the bait, jump in the garbage truck and take it for a joy ride.

Haven't you always wanted to work the levers that lift the barrels?

I'm sure he would leave you alone after that. If he doesn't, tell the mayor.