Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sleepless in Phoenix

I love baptisms.
Especially when its a cute niece or nephew that is being baptized.
Look at this kid. How could you miss his baptism?
I even had the cute Sleepless in Seattle blog title ready for my blog post when we returned from the trip.
Oh yeah, I didn't go to Seattle. So couldn't be sleepless there if I was stuck here.
Obviously I haven't been a very good sport about being left behind in the desert.
Good sportsmanship isn't my strong point when we are talking about missing out on 70 degree weather, brand new babies, and a baptism.

Yeah, I know look at that picture. Don't you want to go to Seattle too?


Jeff called these kiddos The Breakfast Club.
He loved hanging out and eating Cheerios with them.


He loved having the chance to spend some time with some of his siblings and chat late into the night.
I have to admit, Jeff has been so nice to me while I've been a little, well, pouty. He even took me out for dinner before he left. I mean it was our anniversary and he was taking an anniversary weekend trip without me, but hey I really was trying to be a good sport.

All kidding aside, I'm so glad he went.

(Thanks Ami for taking such sweet pictures)

But next time, he's taking me with him.

Sleepless in Phoenix just doesn't have the same ring to it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

that is just sad! fun that he got to go but sad you had to stay. Eliott went to washington for a wedding of somebody he knew when he served there on his mission a few years ago. And he went over mother's day weekend. I had some of that "I really am happy you get to go" pouty attitude too!!

Stephanie said...

First of all I so didnt need to hear that let them be little song on my baby's 6th b-day, so now i'm bawling like a baby.

I so wish I could have gone too, I miss those kids and their mom and dad too soooo much! We need to plan another road trip, wouldn't that be so fun!

If you can hear me stick your arm out the window!

An Errand of Angels said...

I am so sad you didn't get to go...and on your anniversary too. Just know we missed you and next time, you'll just HAVE to come. I won't let Jeff leave without you!