I have never understood why girls need to go to camp.
Teach them how to make a fire, tie a knot, french braid each other’s hair, sing silly songs, eat red vines until they yack, or go on a hike right in the area you live.
You've probably heard this from me a time or two (or three) but as a kid my camp leader made all the Beehives scrub the toilets with our bare hands and a bunch of wadded up newspaper.
Blech.
Teach them how to make a fire, tie a knot, french braid each other’s hair, sing silly songs, eat red vines until they yack, or go on a hike right in the area you live.
You've probably heard this from me a time or two (or three) but as a kid my camp leader made all the Beehives scrub the toilets with our bare hands and a bunch of wadded up newspaper.
Blech.
Don't get me wrong I didn't hate camp, but the toilet cleaning memory has always stayed with me.
As an adult I've always managed to avoid going to camp.
This year 16 of my Beehives were going to camp, one being my sweet Brookie, so off I went.
This year 16 of my Beehives were going to camp, one being my sweet Brookie, so off I went.
Now I get why those girls go to camp.
They need camp, it changes them.
They need camp, it changes them.
They need to be far away from everything distracting, they need to be away from the noise for several days. It takes these amazing kids and makes them even better, stronger, more sure of who and why they are here.
Maybe I needed camp too. I was lucky to be invited.
Maybe I needed camp too. I was lucky to be invited.
The plus side of me going to camp, not one Beehive had to clean the toilets with their bare hands.

The End.
5 comments:
Ok, that might be the cutest picture of you two! I'm glad you went (no, not just because then I didn't have, I mean get, to go.)
okay the toilet thing, so disgusting!!! but I agree camp is an amazing experience! Glad you go to go and glad you got to see how wonderful it is, maybe you can replace those yucky toilet memories! and seriously cute picture of you guys!
That looks like so much fun! I loved girls camp but I didnt have a leader who made me scrub toilets....so not nice!! How fun that must have been to go with your daughter! Cute post. =D
You are the lucky one. You gotta love those beehives!
stalking you right back!!! camp is the best. my memories are of rusty everything. the water smelled of it and when you wne thome so did you but it was so great. When i smell rust i think of camp. good times, good times.... (Nice to see you the other day too)
Post a Comment