Friday, August 14, 2009

They're Off


Yah I know my camera's zoom lens stinks but the kids think they're too old for me to take pics at the school anymore so this was the best I could do. I've had to sink to a new low, sneaking shots from my car but a mom has to do what a mom has to do.

It's sort of weird but in a way it's comforting that both schools put giant gates around the outside of their buildings and lock all the kids inside. I often wonder if it's to keep the bad guys out or the naughty kids in.

When my nephew Tanner was little his brother and sister went to Mnt View and he watched as they built the gates all around the school. He then started calling it the teenage jail. We still call it that, especially Blake, he wasn't quite ready to be locked in this year. He kept saying stuff on the first day to me like "don't take me to jail mom" and "please don't make me go to juvy". I dropped him off anyway.

Happy Back to School!

4 comments:

Carroll Family said...

HA! HA! Lock them in!!! JK I can't believe they're old enough to be AT those schools!

Stephanie said...

I so cannot believe they are in Jr High and High School! Where has the time gone!
Thanks too for watching the kids last week, we so appreciate it!

AZ Karen said...

I love that they lock them in. You have awesome kids!

Shannon said...

You are so right to take those pictures...you are documenting for posterity's sake! I can't believe how old Brooklyn looks...it was only 2 years ago I had her in my activity days! She is so sweet. Does she babysit now??