Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mustache

Jeff's work holds an annual mustache growing contest. Coincidentally I always hold a no kissing contest at the exact same time.


This is usually the look when I get when he gets home from work and I've started a home improvement project he knows he'll end up helping me finish.

In honor of Cinco de Mayo I am posting the recipe for Flat Enchiladas. A family favorite. If you've never had it, you've been missing out. 

Flat Enchiladas

1 lb ground beef                                   
1 can of Mild Rosarita enchilada sauce 
1 cup of shredded longhorn cheese     
1 tomato diced                                      
3 green onions                                       
1 4 oz can sliced olives
1/4 cup diced sweet pickles
4 cups shredded lettuce
corn tortillas (frozen work best)
sour cream

Cook ground beef and drain.  Add sauce and simmer 10 minutes.  Dip tortillas one at a time into simmering sauce.  Place tortilla on plate, top with ¼ of the beef and sauce.  Top with condiments.  Makes 4 good sized servings.




Flat enchiladas are so good my kids sometimes ask for it instead of a birthday cake.

Too bad Blake didn't ask for it this year.


National Blake Day Eve (aka the day before Blake's 17th birthday) I found his birthday cheesecake was missing something . . . like a piece of it. When I asked him about it he defended the act by telling me I could take a picture of it and Photoshop the piece back in. When that didn't work on me, he told me it was an accident. Hummm. How can I be mad at that sweet cheesecake eating kid?


However he did have to endure everyone wearing matching attire for game day!

Adios Muchachas!

2 comments:

No Ordinary Biz said...

There is always a ratio of beard/mustache to kisses. It's coming off tonight!!
Love you!

Allyson & Jere said...

I think he looks great with the goatee. Just sayin.

Your kids really are cute. BTW, did he end up doing choir? Oh yeah, and stop it already with a 17 yr.old, that freaks me out.