Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Jefferson

Alright you all know that's not really his name, but when the kids are complaining I tell them that our home is Jefferson City. Their dad is the mayor and any complaints go to him. He's great at handling any kid crisis that comes his way and he doesn't have to hit the chocolate afterwards, like I do. I love that about him.


This is my favorite picture of the mayor. He has sweet sideburns in it. He's always my partner in crime, this particular picture was when he helped me with a Sunbeam class I had years ago. He's game for any scheme I have going. Any mess I get into he's usually right behind me picking up the pieces or at least handing me an Imatrex. He just had a birthday and I thought I'd post a little about the man behind the glasses.


Jeff has always wanted lots of kids. He got two, he never said anything about being disappointed that we don't have more & if I ever complain about it he'll list all the reasons why we're so lucky to have the two.


Jeff has always been interested in the kids day to day life, especially their education.



He worked hard putting himself through school but always took time to be apart of our lives, provided for us, and took on whatever church calling was thrown his way.




The mayor has always had time to play no matter if it was basketball or attending a tea party (even when ties and "clippy hairdo's" were required for attendance).



He's silly. He'll do the noodle dance or the deacon shuffle just to make me laugh when I'm in a crummy mood. If our kids are acting awful in the grocery store, he'll pick them up and place them on a high shelf and walk away. He can make any situation lighter just by having the ability to stay calm and add a little humor when it's needed.



Jeff teaches our kids by example.



Jeff adores his family and always tells the kids things about them and wants the kids to know each one of them. He loves any chance he gets to spend time with them.

I'm glad to be a citizen of Jefferson City!


8 comments:

Ami Bethea said...

Cute post Heather! I love Jefferson City as well. Happy Birthday Jeff!! Hope it was a good one. Heather your blog is looking VERY cute, great job!

Cook family said...

Good job heather!!! This is such a fun post.

AZ Karen said...

Excellent post...I'm delighted to know such a talented person and who knew he was such a big mucky-muck...mayor!

Happy Birthday, Jeff...and thanks for sharing your wife on Friday night.

Jen said...

What a sweet post! Good description of the mayor! I love the picture of him teaching blake to tie a tie. very cute! Happy b-day mayor!

Jen said...

way cute page too! are you a digital scrapbooker too? did you do it yourself?

Cookie Mama said...

Jen, my blog looks the way it does because I had several people help me. Thank you Ami for setting my blog up in the first place and fixing it when I messed it up, Ann for trying to show me how to add a new photo and how to upload digital paper, Caroline for the wonderful step by step directions and helping me when my blog still didn't look right, and especially my sista for taking all their easy instructions and hitting me over the head with them until I got them right and when I still didn't get it right for print screening every step for me to see what I should actually do.

Caroline C. Bingham said...

ooh, ooh, OOH! I love your layout. You love it better now? Plus, happy berfday Jefferson!

shauna said...

I hope it is okay to say hi since my bff and hair dresser of my bff commented on your blog. I noticed how cute your template is and I especially love your blog description part. Who helped you with that? Caroline has been helping me with my url problems, does she fix those too?

Jefferson City, that is so clever. It doesn't work well with my husband or father's names. Bet no one dares run against the nicest mayor in town. Happy birthday to him.