Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend started early with the kids getting out of school for the summer on Thursday.

Yay!

I was sort of expecting a happier "last day of school" shot. Maybe I'm happier to have them home then they are to be home with mom, the chore queen!



We started Friday off by going to Target with gift cards the kiddos got for their birthdays (thanks Uncle Kyle and Aunt Haley). BJ was pleasantly surprised to realize in the store parking lot that he and his sis were both wearing Phoenix Suns shirts. As you can tell by the look on his face he was loving his summer vacation so far. This was followed by a demand for the car keys so he could take the shirt off and shop in his wrinkled undershirt.

We love to play games, one of which is bocce ball. This family of mine is so competivie, they were trying to measure the distance of the balls and I guess as Broccoli bent over to check, her rear end got too close to BJ's face, she ended up on the ground. She managed to keep her drink upright but still milked it for all it was worth, and I was able to capture a picture of the mayor giving

lecture # 892 (we don't push our sisters)

All and all, it was a fun weekend.

If the kids survive each other I think we'll have a great summer!

6 comments:

Jen said...

you guys look like such a fun family!! I love bocce! Such a fun game!

AZ Karen said...

Looks like everyone's having a great summer so far.

Ami Bethea said...

lol I love your stories Heather! You crack me up. I died laughing about Blake taking off his Phx suns shirt because it was matching his sister!!! That is such a brother thing to do.

Carroll Family said...

That's funny about their shirts - my kids love it when they accidently match!

Stephanie said...

I saw you at Target that day, how fun! You guys are such a cute family, looks like you have a ton of fun together!

An Errand of Angels said...

It's fun to get caught up on all the blogging. You are always such an awesome family and are constantly doing fun things. You and Jeff are great parents - even if BJ and Broccoli don't always think so!