
This event is a tradition in our family. Every year we all drink strawberry crush. Sounds strange but it's a fun thing the mayor does to remember my first Mother's day.
Five days after I had BJ I woke to my first Mother's Day. When no key to the city was presented to me or parade began I reminded my husband that it was Mother's Day, he said he knew. When I asked him what he had for me (hey I was young and selfish, I'm not young anymore so I hope the selfish thing has improved) he reminded me that he had bought Strawberry Crush Soda for ME the night before. I knew that he had suddenly assigned the soda to be my gift. The poor sweet mayor had no idea how much trouble he was in.
Since that day, he has never forgotten Mother's Day or to tease me by having the soda each year. I look forward to it, he always brings it out in a dramatic way and I have to laugh and I always look back on that first Mother's Day with a smile.
Five days after I had BJ I woke to my first Mother's Day. When no key to the city was presented to me or parade began I reminded my husband that it was Mother's Day, he said he knew. When I asked him what he had for me (hey I was young and selfish, I'm not young anymore so I hope the selfish thing has improved) he reminded me that he had bought Strawberry Crush Soda for ME the night before. I knew that he had suddenly assigned the soda to be my gift. The poor sweet mayor had no idea how much trouble he was in.
Since that day, he has never forgotten Mother's Day or to tease me by having the soda each year. I look forward to it, he always brings it out in a dramatic way and I have to laugh and I always look back on that first Mother's Day with a smile.
6 comments:
that is sweet and hilarious all at the same time!!
The mayor's a good guy! That's a fun tradition!
I love it. Great job Jeff!
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!! That's really funny! Poor guy - I guess he didn't get the memo?...
I love hearing that story, i think it is hillarious! Cute picture!
You guys have got to be the cutest family ever. I love it...Love the strawberry crush tradition that is so cute and fun.
Post a Comment