We always hide a house key somewhere outside incase someone forgets to take one.

It's a great plan.
Keeps everyone happy.
Yup, great idea, as long as the key is replaced by anyone who uses it.
Especially when our short people use it.
Guess one of them forgot.
And then lost the key.
The Mayor put his house key in the secret spot when a kiddo was going to need it.
Guess that kid forgot to put it back in the secret hiding spot.
And then lost the key.
Where do all these lost keys go?
Not back in the hiding spot.
We learned that our house is very well secured.
Every door.
Every window.
The mayor said he'd climb in the attic and come down through the ceiling.

I didn't think that was funny.
He did.
We tried every which way to get into our house.
Well, every way except the way the mayor wanted to.
The Locksmith finally got us into our house about 11pm.
The Locksmith taught my kids new words.
Words they shouldn't hear.
Who knew Locksmiths swear like sailors?
And that they earn a lot per hour.
$100.10 for half an hour.
I was not happy.

I'll be making a few extra copies of my house key today.
7 comments:
You should've called me. I'm the sneakiest sneaky sneak you ever did see. Or did you?
Oh, man!!! Well, at least you feel better about your house, eh? I'm sooooooo sorry!
I hope all the robbers are reading this so they know who not to bother.
Those were some expensive keys. Dang!
lol you have the best ways to tell a story Heather!! I love it. Too bad about your house keys though, that stinks. I was trying to help you think of a solution, but I honestly have no helpful advice. I was going to say get a keypad for your garage that you just input a code but without a garage that wouldn't be very helpful. Sorry, hope today goes better for you!!
Sometimes short people cause problems like that at our house, too.
It is nice to know that it's harder to break into your house than you would think.
Or.... you could leave a key at your mom's house. Then, you could come visit her while retrieving your key.
Heather - have you gotten that book deal signed yet? You are the best storyteller EVER! Yeah - you could leave a key at our house, which may be shorter than waiting for a locksmith. But those gas prices...
Post a Comment