Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Entertainment

I guess I'm just glad he used water instead of spray paint . . .


BJ, or Cast-per as his sister calls him has had a pretty long summer. He went from two casts, to one cast and a brace, then two braces and then his arms were finally free. He's almost done, next week it will be 12 weeks since he broke his arms and he can finally go back to normal activity. For the past several weeks he's been able to swim, but he can't pull himself out of the pool, he can play, but not any sport, or ride a bike. The kid is dying to go play basketball, the other day he was outside and he heard the sound of someone dribbling a ball, he just groaned and went inside. He's had to become pretty creative to be entertained.

The other day he decided the kitty needed to exercise more so he put her on the treadmill and made the poor thing run her little paws off. It didn't last long, and he has several scratches down his arms to prove that cats are smarter than teenagers.

When he realized the cat wasn't going to hold his attention he turned to his sister and helped her cool off after she had been riding her scooter.


He recently had another visit to the Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon. It cracks me up when they see him walk in & they call to him by name. They told him he's their poster child. Um yeah, maybe that's because our bill has probably covered their salary for the next year.


One of the arms will take about 6 months to a year to reshape itself. I think this kid will be able to live with that, he's just looking forward to getting back to normal life. I'm sure the cat's happy about that too!

3 comments:

Carroll Family said...

O.k., we love the cat idea! You MUST be bored! And, tell Brooklyn - I had older brothers too, and this sounds ALL too familiar!

Ami Bethea said...

Whoa has it really been that long? I can't believe he's out of his casts! Time flies. Good for Blake, I hope he can get back to normal activities soon too. That's gotta be tough on a kid, especially in the summertime. Just in time too, I bet those casts would be getting very smelly with the hot summer being here. Love the name on the wall! Creative.

Stephanie said...

Yay for him to finally get those casts off, poor kiddo! At least he has an imagination, that cracks me up about the kitty!