Dear MPS,
Okay, I'll admit when my kids were beating on each other this summer I mentally counted how many days there were until I could give them to you. I'll admit I did a happy dance when they were getting ready this morning, and I kept doing the dance because it really seemed to tick them off. I'll admit I clapped and shouted hooray when we drove up to their schools. I even will admit that I hugged them and waved goodbye as they left me, and smiled all the way home. But when I came home and walked through the door I didn't feel like smiling anymore. I miss them, and I'm wondering if I can have them back now.
Love,
The Mommy
Okay, I'll admit when my kids were beating on each other this summer I mentally counted how many days there were until I could give them to you. I'll admit I did a happy dance when they were getting ready this morning, and I kept doing the dance because it really seemed to tick them off. I'll admit I clapped and shouted hooray when we drove up to their schools. I even will admit that I hugged them and waved goodbye as they left me, and smiled all the way home. But when I came home and walked through the door I didn't feel like smiling anymore. I miss them, and I'm wondering if I can have them back now.
Love,
The Mommy
(look at BJ's shoe, that's what a size 14 looks like on an almost 5'10" almost 120 lb kid!)

9 comments:
I know how you feel! you expressed it perfectly! I love that you did the happy dance when it ticked them off!! And I can't believe she is 5'10"! That is insane!!!
okay so i just realized you meant HIM not her! makes so much more sense. I can't believe he is a 14 though. WOW!
I just stayed gone all day so I wouldn't notice they were gone. Tomorrow, we'll see how I do...
I couldn't have said it better myself Heather. Except I guess I never really was happy about it. Sean was annoyed when on the first day of school I asked him every 10 minutes if he thought that Stratton was okay? ha ha But now I'm okay with it, I'm more annoyed with how much work Kindegarten is for ME. :)
BJ's shoes are HUGE!
How I remember those feelings! They look so great...they grow up waaaay too fast - size 14 shoe and all. You are such an awesome mom!
It seems like only yesterday when you were starting school and worried about leaving me home alone and childless. Now your two are going out into the workd and one of them in size 14s!
I know it makes me so sad to see them go. Don't get me wrong the time at home with 2 less kiddos running around screaming is kinda nice, peaceful even...but I do miss them. You need to tell me Heather...what did you think of the book? I have been waiting for you to post something about it. I'm dying to know what you think!!
Heather you are so funny. I have to agree w/Ami, I was never happy, but thats probably cuz this is a first for me, and my Connor starts preschool tomorrow, I hope I can make it through the day :(
Found your blog through LeAnn. Thought I'd check in. You're pretty funny!! I'll check in more often!!
Post a Comment