it was a little garden, but I thought it was cute
We started small and planned on adding to it each year,
Then Lucifina, aka Satan's sister became interested in the garden.
She ate my garden, the seeds, any plants that started to sprout, the labels that identified each plant, she dug and dug in my garden until she had pulled out all the plastic ground cover and scattered it across our yard. After nothing inside was left she started gnawing on the wood that surrounded the garden.
I was done gardening.
A few weeks ago while I was out of town, The Mayor and Broccoli prepared an area in our yard for a garden as a surprise for me. They put chicken wire all around the garden to keep Lucifina out. It's so cute that they did this for me, but I really think it looks like a veggie jail.
For FHE we planted seeds in the garden, but I'm worried about those little seeds. Will they be happy enough to grow within the prison walls?
Is it right to make them be veggie inmates?
7 comments:
If you want them to survive - YES!!! Our puppies ate off my beautiful growing corn, strawberries, zucchini, squash, artichokes. Our dog never touches the garden, but the puppies DESTROYED it! Not a happy mommy. They did leave my tomatoes alone, but that's a pretty bitter plant and they were bigger than them - :)
Your family loves you so much.
Maybe growing in 'veggie jail' will stunt their growth. Just make sure they don't try to get tattoos, or have people smuggle them contraband under the fence.
I love gardening sister cook!!!!! did they do that while we were on the retreat? p.s. this is Erin not leAnn
Heather you are so funny i love how you call nasha lucifina.Thats sweet that your family did that for you.
What a great hubby and kids you have, that is an awsome surprise. I want a garden so bad, Good Luck!
They really love you don't they. What a wonderful surprise.
If it is possible for a watermelon to grow in solitary confinement in a square box, your veggies will be just fine. They will all have a room with a view.
Lettuce all know how it turns out.
lol You are so freaking funny Heather. I plan on having a garden in our next house so let me know how the veggie prison works out for you!
What are you going to plant?
Post a Comment