Sometimes I tell my kids that I have no idea how to be a parent and if they think I don't know what I'm doing they are probably right. Other times I think I know exactly what I'm doing and I think I'm finally being the parent I should be, but I quickly realize I still have a lot to learn.
The note below was given to me years ago by one of my kids.
If you can't read it, this is what it says:
Why You Should Not Wear Socks Outside
You should never wear socks outside. It is ungrateful for your parents because they work hard to get the socks.
The first reason is because it is wasting money. It wastes money on the socks, which are about $5. It also wastes money on the bleach and the washer, because you have to work extra hard to get the dirt out.
The last reason is because you told me not to, and I did it anyways. It could have taken me 2 seconds to find shoes. And I also noticed that there were shoes right next to me when I got off the tramp. (I noticed that afterwards).
I’m sorry!!
P.S. (The socks are sorry too.)
* Notice the socks, they are crying.
I felt awful when I first read this. But it changed me. I'm glad the kids can laugh with me now when we remember that note and those poor crying socks.
I can't wait for my kids to put on their new white socks Christmas Day. I hope they run outside in those socks and play in them all day.
6 comments:
That is heartwrenchingly funny. You guys all have such a great sense of humor. Love it!
seriously crying over here! that is soo funny and sweet and hilarious! I hope my kids grow up like your kids! thanks for starting my day out well!!
That letter is so stinkin cute.
That is the funniest thing I have ever read. I'm seriously cracking up. Your kids are so funny.
The thing is...they must be listening to you (because you're a good mom) or they just wouldn't care.
Crying socks?!! That is hilarious!
I love it! That is so darn cute and hilarious. I wish my kids would be that sincere when they apologize for their misdeeds. Seriously the cutest note ever!
Post a Comment