Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sometimes events happen around us and cause us to stop and think of how blessed we are.
A house in our neighborhood caught fire last night, my heart goes out to that family. I'm so glad they all got out safely, I can't imagine how they must feel. A fireman was injured fighting the blaze, those men are true heroes. I was at mutual when it started and The Mayor sent me a text to let me know our street was blocked with 6 fire trucks along with other emergency vehicles and when it was time for me to come home I'd have to park down another street.


The scene was humbling to say the least, but for me the most amazing thing was to hear of all the phone calls that poured into our home. Friends, neighbors, church members, and family all called to make sure it wasn't our house and that we were okay. My brother left me the cutest message that I think I'll save forever. (That or the 90 days Cox allows, whichever comes first. )


5 comments:

Carroll Family said...

Erin mentioned all this and I watched the news to see if they said anything, but nothing. Who was it? Do they have anyplace to go?

AZ Karen said...

Oh that is so scary. I'm so glad your family was safe. Thank goodness the family was safe.

Sara! said...

That is so sad! See what I miss when I don't go to mutual?

I love your new background and header!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh that really is scary. I'm glad it wasnt your house, and how sad for that family!

An Errand of Angels said...

I'm sad for the family that lost their house - but glad it wasn't yours. Where was the fire, exactly? We can be grateful you are all safe.