In my quest to keep the food budget down and dinner interesting I tried a new recipe last night.
Okay so my casserole didn't look this good.
I'm trying to keep it healthy.
I was curious to see if the kids liked my new dish.
The family rule is no negative comments about dinner or you cook dinner the next night.
The kids hate to cook dinner
They sat in silence as they ate.
After dinner I commented that we had A LOT of food left & Tuesday would be leftover night.
They looked at each other with almost painful faces.
One of the kids said "We can give it to Tina"
Tina?
Who is Tina?
Yup that Tina
I threw away the rest of the casserole.


9 comments:
OOoooooooooooo! I need that rule at my house!!!
that is awesome!!
I love that rule!
So it's smothered in cheese, right? Can't be that bad; go ahead and drop it off at our house for leftovers. Our rule is unwritten but known well, "Eat it or I'll cry." Jason wouldn't dare do otherwise.
Hilarious! I think I will have to start that rule at my house. Davin would be cooking a lot!
After reading your blog I decided I can't have a blog after all. I am not that clever. I about cried, I was laughing so hard when I read the Dear Jr High Letter.
P.S. If you show anyone that footage of me dancing to HSM, I will sneak into your house and rub lotion all over the inside of your clothing! Kisses and Hugs your favorite sister:)
I totally forgot about the video clip I have of you dancing Laurel. No worries, you have super sweet moves.
Oh, I knew it was you that barrowed my shorts when we were teenagers! You had lotion on didn't you? I know you won’t do it again, I have too many sewing projects I'd make you help me with as punishment! Hugs and kisses back. :P
so funny! You can't punish kids when they are funny.
This also cracked me up, as well as your letter to the Jr. High. Seriously, what is up with hurting your kids? Anyway, back to the casserole, great rule, and funnier kids! Hope your next attempt turns out better.
Does it crack anyone else up that the word I have to type in is 'tarded". Ok, maybe I'm just that immature!
Two months and counting...I can't wait until you are done with school so you will start blogging again. How lame and lonely am I to be posting another comment.
Post a Comment