If you know any member of my extended family you also know we all hate surprises, especially our mama.
So what do we do?
Throw her a surprise party.
Laurel made a ton of poodle skirts, got family, friends, neighbors, and ward members to sign signature blocks for a quilt.
Sydney was a fantastic hostess, she created an amazing setting for the night and oh the food, yum.
Her Italian sodas rock.


Her Italian sodas rock.
Carol made a DVD of Mam's life so far and organized the kids to perform a 50's dance.


Isn't our Mam the cutest 70 year old you've ever seen?
Isn't our Mam the cutest 70 year old you've ever seen?
And how can you not love this man, he did such a good job keeping our party a secret.
Apparently my big brother has a limit to how many pictures I can take.
But he loves me so he let snap one more.
But he loves me so he let snap one more.
There was a hula hoop contest.
I think Jason won, although Jamyn and baby Heather gave him a run for his money.
We did not want Elder Kanaga to miss out on the fun, he wore a poodle skirt too.
I can't wait for Mam's next birthday!


2 comments:
What a great journal entry. You took some great pics. I love the ones of dad and Dean. Could they be more different. Funny. One hamming it up the other just putting up.
I had so much fun and I know my kids loved it. Thanks for all your hard work. Especailly helping Syd set up and buying so much food.
That is absolutely adorable! How fun for your Mom, and obviously for all of you as well! I wish I COULD have come to the party, it looks that fun.
Post a Comment