Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Travis is in rehab

Travis has been good to me, he has never left me stranded.  Once I thought he was possessed by the devil because he intermittently would start to ding and chime, lock and unlock, flash a light or two just to try and scare me but we fixed that, he's been working so hard to be good. Other than the occasional light, lock, or ding he's stayed on the straight and narrow, until now.

I don't know why but Sunday he went over the edge, he made poor choices.  He was hanging out with the wrong crowd.  He should have been with me but he left and when he came home I knew he was in trouble. It's almost as if he ran straight into trouble. I found him squished and hurt under the rubble that was once the side of my garage.


I miss him.  I need him here taking kids to school, I need him to help me carpool on Wednesday nights, I need him to help me pick up my peeps for church. I guess it's time to stop thinking of me and focus just on Travis, he's broken and he's got to be fixed. 

I've promised to keep the people that have led him astray anonymous. They need time to heal too. I have a picture of them together with the aftermath but it's heart-breaking to look at, I can't post it.  They both look so sad. As a side note they will be logging in some serious slave labor hours for me this summer. One of them will be driving kids day and night to various activities with the a/c full blast as punishment and the other will be painting, digging, mowing, and putting in lots of molding around the house until Travis' rehab is paid off.

4 comments:

Cook family said...

Heather you crack me up.

Jerry Young said...

Poor, poor Travis, but have to say I have some empathy for those who mistakenly went off the track with him. They are sorry, their mother is sorry, their father is sorry and so is their sister and grandmother.

Laurel said...

Here is the big problem. When one gets out of rehab it is only a matter of time before you slip back into your old habits. The key is severing all places and PEOPLE that were apart of that behavior. I am afraid Travis is going to have to make some hard choices.

AZ Karen said...

a little birdie told me to ask you about this...guess I don't have to now. Sorry for Travis - and his wayward friends.