Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shoe Mullets



Graduation day is quickly approaching. I'm not done with school yet, I've got one more class to go so I feel sort of funny about celebrating the end before it's really here.

The hubby is determined to get me to the graduation ceremony. I'm not sure how I feel about going to something and celebrate what I haven't finished. But Jeff is one determined soul. He's offered a night off from kitchen duty if I go through with it. He's even offered to take us somewhere with real silverware. No sporks at this place, that's classy when you have more than one eating utensil. So I'm going. 

The other day I realized I better get a new pair of shoes for the big night. I hate shopping, and looking for shoes is my least favorite thing to do. Once I find a good pair I tend to hang on to them for way too long. My kids name my shoes, mostly to mock my shoe choosing abilities. Picking a new pair is a lot of pressure. 

Brooklyn volunteered several service hours to help me find the perfect shoes to wear to graduation. I can't seem to walk in the cute tall ones and Brookie won't let me buy old lady comfortable shoes. It's been sort of a shoe-ish nightmare.

Finally she found them. She turned to me and said: "Look they're like a mullet for the foot. Business in the front party in the back." There was no reasoning with her, I had to buy them. Here I come bachelor's degree, I'll be the one in the shoe mullets.

5 comments:

Jen said...

congrats!! That is way awesome!! this was so funny to read. from the sporks to the shoe mullet!! Shoe mullet?!! love it!! how kind of her to donate those hours! also how kind of her to not let you buy comfortable old lady shoes, you soooooo don't belong in those!!! have fun walking in your shoe mullets and enjoy your evening!

Stephanie said...

That is just classic! Love it!! I am so happy for you, I'm glad Jeff is making you walk, in a few weeks that last class will be done and it will all be worth it! You are an inspiration to me! Congrats and I'm proud of yoU!

Allyson & Jere said...

How did I miss this beaut of a post. That imagery is hilarious. Congrats on being one class away from the big cahuna! It's totally great to go ahead and celebrate. You know you're there, it's a done deal. Hope your shoe mullets worked out.

Shannon said...

Thats so awesome Heather!! Congrats on your Bachelor degree! When I first read the title I was really looking forward to seeing shoes with a mullet haha.

Ami Bethea said...

Yeah Heather! Congrats!! I'm glad Brooklyn helped you with finding new shoes and that Jeff made you walk!