Friday, May 7, 2010

Fridays are my favorite

I have a paper to write that's due on Monday. But all I can think about is that it's Friday. Jeff works long hours Monday through Thursday but on Fridays he only has to work half a day.



No kids, work, callings, or homework on Fridays, at least for a few hours anyway.  We try to ignore our phones, but I sometimes secretly check mine.

Someone usually breaks a bone (or two), has teachers drop large visual aides on them, forgets their lunch,  collides with giant classmates in PE and gets knocked out, needs stitches or some other kid crisis on Fridays. If it's not the school saying we have to go to the ER I won't answer my phone. Now those didn't all happen on  Fridays, but I do seem to get the most phone calls from the school on Fridays, so I'll leave it at that.

We go out to eat and talk about how we'll make good food choices for the rest of the week. We talk about all the crazy things that have happened that week. We try to one up each other on who got the snottiest comment from the teenager since we last talked, I usually win.

Then he winks at me and says funny things, I laugh. That's just about the time when the school calls and tells us to come pick up a kid.

Fridays are my favorite.

4 comments:

Carroll Family said...

LOLOLOL!!!!!! You are hillarious!!! I don't know how you get hit so many times! So glad you get some alone time. I miss coming to visit you!!!!!!!!

Allyson & Jere said...

What a cute post. That is a drag that your children seem to like to be hit, or hurt on a regular basis. But, I'm glad to see you have such a great sense of humor.

Oh, and what are you going to school for? Is it through UoP?

Cookie Mama said...

Haha I don't know how they get hit so often either! Neither kid appreciates it, and they seem to only get hurt at the Jr. High. Well, lets just say the High School has only called me once and that was for stitches, those are easier to deal with than broken bones or head injuries - stupid Jr. High. :P

Yup Allyson, I'm finishing up my degree this summer in Management with UOP. Yay me!

Allyson & Jere said...

You are hilarious about the fridge thing. We would LOVE to have your cute family on the fridge, you totally "qualify" hahahaha.